Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Editing the ProductID

PowerProducts is offline Member

Default Editing the ProductID

Hi,
    I have a product that was mistakenly nuked from our site a few weeks ago. I was able to retrieve all of the data from a backup of the database, but i need to know how i can change the Product ID. I created a new product page and i would like to adjust the id. The id is the most important part of the URL and i want to fix it so all of the links of this product are not dead.

We use a multistore, but i think that is not important for this problem.
    Any ideas?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You would need to edit that table (in SQL Server Mgmt Studio right-click the table and click Design), change the Identity property for the ProductID column to No, then do an INSERT/UPDATE to set your new product data. Then go in and set that Identity property back to Yes.

Make sure you back up the DB first just in case!

PowerProducts is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    You would need to edit that table (in SQL Server Mgmt Studio right-click the table and click Design), change the Identity property for the ProductID column to No, then do an INSERT/UPDATE to set your new product data. Then go in and set that Identity property back to Yes.

Make sure you back up the DB first just in case!
    Thank you for the reply.
    I appreciate it!