Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How do I include default content different from "hometopintro" in an alternate skin?

TertiaryLocus is offline Junior Member

Default How do I include default content different from "hometopintro" in an alternate skin?

I have an alternate skin set up as a specialty store-within-a-store, that can be reached through an affiliate address. That works fine, but my problem is that I can't seem to get it to display an alternative to the "hometopintro" topic that my main skin shows. I don't want to change hometopintro, because my main skin needs it.

In page.default.xml.config, I added the lines

<xsl:if test="skinid=4">
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:topic('specialstore')" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
    </xsl:if>

thinking that would do the trick, but it's not. How do I configure the config file to get this skin to pull an alternative to hometopintro?

mikemurphy is offline Senior Member

8.0.1.4 W2008R2 64-bit MSSQL2005

ROBB is offline Senior Member

Default Alternate Skin - Alternate Topic

@TertiaryLocus

Try this code instead:

Code:
     <xsl:if test="/root/System/SkinID = 4">
              <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:Topic('specialstore')" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
            </xsl:if>

TertiaryLocus is offline Junior Member

Thanks to both of you! I'll get right on it.