Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Disabled Mobile Template

virtualtap is offline Senior Member

Default Disabled Mobile Template

Hello, I have disabled the mobile template (By truncating Mobile table in DB), works great accept for iphone, iphone continues to display the mobile template, I have cleared cache tried it on brand new iphone etc.

Anything else I should try? Thanks in advance for any advise.
    MSX

Soulfire86 is offline Junior Member

If you are referring to the Mobile Plugin, you should have an AppConfig Paramater called Mobile.IsEnabled.

Set that to false then reset your cache and it should no longer display any of your mobile skin stuff.
    8.0.1.1 ML C# - Production
    9.0.1.2 ML C# - Development

Thanks for replying, I don't have the mobile plugin, just the standard MSX Framework/cart
    MSX

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Try clearing the cache or cookies on the apple product.

Go to settings/safari/clear cookies and cache.

I have done that, even tried it on a new iphone.
    MSX

Worked fine on ours by just having the db table empty. Odd that you are seeing it only on apple products.

snowy is offline Senior Member

Smile

I have version 9.1.0.1

I had a look on my appconfig and the Mobile.IsEnabled doesen't exist , I went ahead and added and chose false as the boolean option but still not working .

Still showing in IPAD and Iphone

Can somebody help please

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

That AppConfig is only if you have the Vortx Mobile Plugin.

Otherwise the best way, is to delete all the rows inside the MobileDevice Table like deanfp suggested.

So first things first. Do a complete backup of your database? Why a complete backup? Because chances are you have not manually done one in ages. Once that is done and safe, you will want to run this.

Code:
    DELETE FROM MobileDevice;
    Done, all entries inside the MobileDevice table are gone. So no one can get to the Mobile Template because there are no user agents to check against.

If you ever need to get them rows back (you want to use the mobile template again.) Look for your DB files you used when installing/upgrading ASPDNSF.

To keep this information relevant I am not going to post the section of code as it may change in the future. So first do a full site backup again. Then open up the DB script for installing the latest version (or your current version) of ASPDNSF. You want to look for the section of code starting like this

Code:
    SET IDENTITY_INSERT [dbo].[MobileDevice] ON
    This code will then be followed by all the Mobile Devices. Copy from the SET Identity_Insert all the way to it turning off. Simply run that section of code and all the Mobile Devices are back and you are using Mobile Templates again!

Hopefully that was helpful.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

bohunlee is offline Junior Member

Default Cleared MobileDevice Table. Still Uses Mobile Template for iPhone and iPad

I'm having the same problem as the other user that posted. Version 9.2.

Mobile template is disabled for all other devices I've tested (Android and BlackBerry), but not iPhone and iPad.

Any ideas?

It's because Apple won't allow Safari to be used as a desktop browser just yet. If you try downloading another browser from the App Store you will see that it should open in full mode.

There maybe an option to add a link within the mobile template that says "View full site here"

rochellefp is offline Junior Member

Default iPhone still displays mobile skin - what is the workaround?

I'm not using the Vortx plugin, the MobileDevices table is empty and the Mobile.IsEnabled appconfig is set to false. However the iPhone still displays the mobile skin. Is there a workaround to prevent the mobile skin from showing up on iPhone?
    Thanks,

Rochelle Pennington

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Hey rochelle

What's your website? Will check it out on iPhone

rochellefp is offline Junior Member

Exclamation

The site is not live yet, so I can't give you the link unfortunately. Has anyone found a solution to this? We are going live tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Rochelle

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Have you tested this with a different phone? If that table's been completely cleared out, then there's no way an 'out of the box' install will switch to the mobile skin - it can't, there's nothing for it to match against to say "Yup, this is mobile." It's more likely that the iPhone's been cookied to use the mobile skin, and if check on another one you'll see the desktop.

Aside from that, it'd have to be either the table wasn't cleared out (maybe someone connected to the wrong DB) or there's been some kind of mod made that's causing that.

Jordan is offline Member

I too am experiencing this behavior with the vb.net version 9.3.0.0 with the mobile.isenable set to false and the mobiledevice table cleared out.

iPad renders it properly, iPhone (Safari on ios6, multiple devices tested) renders the mobile theme.

Jordan is offline Member

SOLVED

When the site was set to .Net 4.0, it rendered the mobile site on iPhone regardless of any and all settings to the contrary.

Setting it to .net 2.x solved this issue for me.

Jordan.

PowerProducts is offline Member

We are a little concerned about this problem. We are not certain what has cause our problem, but a customer was allowed to check out using mobile checkout today. The problem is that he purchased using paypal and he bought an item with a deferred core(cores are charges for high ticket auto parts that require the original part be returned), anyways, we have disabled this in our website, but we assume the mobile version does not have our code to disable paypal. The problem that we cannot replicate what he did. We have a hand full of iphones in the office and i cant get it to go to mobile on any of them. I run andorid and also it runs the full site. We used to have vortx's mobile site enabled, but we shut it down about 6 months ago because it was not a very good site and would require a lot of work to get it to work properly.

So if anyone knows how to force a phone into mobile, i would really like to know.
    Thanks!
    Currently running 9.3 Multistore on 5 sites.

Jestar09 is offline Junior Member

This change allows the user to use the pinch zoom method to zoom out or in.

This has essentially resolved the issue although I'm still trying to find a better method for showing large amounts of data on a small screen.

lori is offline Junior Member

Default Still rendering on iphone

I am running aspdotnetstorefront2.0
    Ive truncated the mobile devices table

SELECT * INTO dbo.MobileDeviceOld
    FROM dbo.MobileDevice
    TRUNCATE TABLE dbo.MobileDevice

Ive even deleted the mobile skin and it still renders on iphone how??
    Has anyone got this bug sorted?

Going back to .net2.x isnt an option for me.

lori is offline Junior Member

Default Resolve

Only way around replace mobile skin with actual normal template