Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Can you have 1 customer in multiple customer levels?

gmcvier is offline Junior Member

Question Can you have 1 customer in multiple customer levels?

Please forgive me if I do not explain this well, but I will try my best.

I have a pricing scheme that is different for each customer, and I need help figuring out the best way to get it all setup.
    Lets say I have Customer A, and he gets different discounts depending on the products he purchases. I have figured out 1 way of doing it which does not seem correct, and I think their has to be an easier way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Example 1 - Customer Levels)
    Customer A Gets the Following:
    CD's - 10%
    DVD's - 20%
    TV's - 50%

Now if I try and create customer levels it will only let me place customer A into one of them. So it will only register one discount and not all three. This is how I would love for it to work if I could just add one customer to multiple levels. However I can't get it to work this way.

(Example 2 - Customer Levels with Extended Pricing)
    Customer A Gets the Following:
    CD's - 10%
    DVD's - 20%
    TV's - 50%

This I was able to get it to work, but it seems like a round about way of doing it.
    Now with this I create a customer level called "custA", then I could go into each product variant, select extended pricing and place the price that I want to charge customer A for that one product. I could do this over and over again for every product that customer A gets a discount with and this will work for that one customer, but makes it a pain because I would have to create customer levels specifically for each individual customer. Instead I would prefer to have example one working were it is just generic, and I can add customer to the levels as I see fit.

Now these are the two ways I see doing it, but I know you are all gurus so maybe one of you can assist me in finding a better way or letting me know which one of the above examples is the right way of doing it. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Customers can only be in one customer level 'out of the box'. If you need to give different discount levels on different parts of the store, you're looking at Extended Prices, yes.

gmcvier is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the quick reply. So it looks like I am currently on the right track with example #2 unless I wanted to do custom modifications.

Thanks again!