Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Is there a way to update product data by SKU not ID via WSI?

bdamore is offline Member

Default Is there a way to update product data by SKU not ID via WSI?

I just noticed that the product base node attributes require the product's ID and not SKU.. any easy way to mod this to make it work? (something in source?)

<Product Action="Add|Update|Delete|Nuke|Lookup" EnsureDefaultVariant="boolean" GUID="uniqueidentifier" ID="integer">

I'm getting data (pricfe/qty) from an external API/ERP source and need to update the items in the site. I only get manufactureritemnumber and SKU besides price/qty.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You can provide the product name and SKU if you don't have the product ID, and WSI will do a lookup on those. Check out the updated manual page for that node:

If an Update, Nuke, or Delete is done, the request should have an ID or GUID for the best processing. If none is provided, a lookup will be done based on the combination of product name and SKU, but this will slow down processing, especially on bulk updates.

bdamore is offline Member

Can I just use SKU? (The client may change product names) SKU is the pivot

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

You can send raw sql queries via WSI, so you could send something like...

UPDATE Product ...... WHERE SKU = .......

TTFN

BFG

Alkaline is offline Senior Member

Simrun AspDotNetStoreFront Development
    Preferred AspDotnetStorefront Development Partner
    ahsan[@]simrun[.]com
    remove the "[]" for email

Have a Nice Day

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

What we do is require a WSI call to retrieve the prod id by SKU then have them make the second call with the prod ID