Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Sample app questions...

bdamore is offline Member

Default Sample app questions...

Hello,
    I've just started tinkering with the WSI. I've enabled it locally as well as on a virtual test server's IIS(2003).
    Can someone please give me an example format of what goes into the WSI Test Client?

Overall FYI: I'm trying to update orders from just Auth to Captured upon returning data from an external API. A client I have has their own ERP system they want tied into this cart.

-I have to capture first upon checkout then post(XML/API, which I can do fine) the order to them.

-Concurrently, I have to write a service and/or console app that encapsulates this WSI stuff in order finish processing the order. After checking their API I'll get back any authorization codes, final price, etc for any/all Auth'd/finalized orders...

-and then update ASPDNSF via WSI with the capture date, codes, etc and 'process checkout' programmatically and sending pertinent emails, etc...
    follow me?

I learn best by example and there's not any full blown examples of what I'm trying to do.
    I don't even know how the proper posting to WSI is supposed to look. I can gather from their example apps how to put some of it together,.. not all.

Thanks

Default for example

<AspDotNetStorefrontImport Version="7.1">
    <OrderManagement Action="Capture" OrderNumber="100002" TrackingNumber="123tracking321">
    </AspDotNetStorefrontImport>

I try posting the code above via the WSIImportTester sample app and I get:

System.ArgumentException: Invalid Import XmlDocument
    at ipx.DoItHelper(WSI IPXObject, String& XmlInputRequestString)

Default figured it out...

<AspDotNetStorefrontImport Version="7.1" SetImportFlag="false" AutoLazyAdd="false" AutoCleanup="false" Verbose="true">
    <OrderManagement Action="Capture" OrderNumber="100002" TrackingNumber="123tracking321"/>
    </AspDotNetStorefrontImport>

I was missing a "/" at the end of the OrderManagement node...