Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Changes to Google datafeed requirements

Classic_Exotic is offline Member

Default Changes to Google datafeed requirements

I received the following from Google yesterday:

Hello,

Thank you for participating in Google Product Search. We are reaching out to you to inform you about important changes we’re making to our Product Search required attributes and Program Policies. All merchants will be affected by these changes.

We are now requiring a new set of basic required attributes, as well as attributes which are required for certain product categories and target countries. Please read the new Feeds Specification carefully to determine how your data feed will need to change at http://www.google.com/support/mercha...?answer=188494

You can find a summary of the new requirements in table form at http://www.google.com/support/mercha...answer=1344057

Starting September 22, accounts that do not comply with the new requirements will be suspended. For more information about how we will enforce the new policies, visit this Help Center article http://www.google.com/support/mercha...?answer=188484

Please update your account settings or data feeds as soon as possible to ensure that you are complying with these new requirements by the dates specified above. For more information about these changes, please visit our Google Merchant blog at http://googlemerchantblog.blogspot.c...e-product.html.

Is this something that is going to require a patch/update/etc. to be installed on the ML8 storefronts?
    Classic & Exotic Service, Inc.
    Specialty Parts For Prewar Cars
    www.classicandexotic.com

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's going to require an update on our part, yes. This latest change is actually a pretty big one, it's most likely going to require more than just changes to the feed itself actually.

We only just found out about the update ourselves on Monday, so it hasn't been finalized yet how we're going to approach it, which versions will be updated, etc, but we'll let everyone know what we figure out.

Alkaline is offline Senior Member

Google is starting to act like a spoiled child every day new requirements, reminds me of fat wallet...

Even some of our customers that were using google search to get recommended products no longer are getting anything.

Look for new tools to address this I'm sure but it sounds like we have until September 22nd to find a fix.
    Simrun AspDotNetStoreFront Development
    Preferred AspDotnetStorefront Development Partner
    ahsan[@]simrun[.]com
    remove the "[]" for email

Have a Nice Day

superglorious is offline Junior Member

Has anything been decided as yet?

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    That's going to require an update on our part, yes. This latest change is actually a pretty big one, it's most likely going to require more than just changes to the feed itself actually.

We only just found out about the update ourselves on Monday, so it hasn't been finalized yet how we're going to approach it, which versions will be updated, etc, but we'll let everyone know what we figure out.
    Eco-Outfitter: www.eco-outfitter.com
    Solutions for a Greener World

pfeighan13 is offline Junior Member

Any news on an updated google product feed yet?

superglorious is offline Junior Member

I think we got under a month before the google rules go into place. Would be nice to have some news.
    Eco-Outfitter: www.eco-outfitter.com
    Solutions for a Greener World

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Nothing as definite as a release date or anything yet I'm afraid, but the update is being worked on. We'll have it ready in time and make it available to everyone who's purchased the upgrade protection plan for the Google feed.

Winnb is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    Nothing as definite as a release date or anything yet I'm afraid, but the update is being worked on. We'll have it ready in time and make it available to everyone who's purchased the upgrade protection plan for the Google feed.
    It would be beneficial to hear how well the upgrade works with the new Google Feed requirements before purchasing. The feed requirements are strict. Google will kick a feed out for the smallest discrepancy.

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

We are finished creating a new Google feed that is highly customisable and simple to install. It is designed for version 9.1.0.1 however it is very easy to port it to any version. It also works for multistore and can correctly calculate VAT.

We are currently selling this for under £50 if you are interested please email sales@dotnetdevelopments.co.uk
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

walkinwillie is offline Member

Question

There are a lot of things that just aren't clear to me. My current version (8.0.1.2 or something like that) has a Google Feed that I have already modified - in fact, I created a new feed.

Now is this Google Feed that ASPDNSF is offering an ADDITIONAL product from the feeds we already have and is it additional to the Multi-Store 9.2 version? i.e. Does 9.2 have any kind of product feeds out of the box? I see in the features that 9.2 has a Google XML Sitemap which to me is a much different animal than a product feed.

If I upgrade to 9.2 - and I have purchased the rights - will my current feeds become extinct - i.e. not even present under Products? (I sure don't want that!) I understand that my current feeds will have to be modified to meet the new Google Specs but I sure don't want to upgrade and then not even HAVE the ability to modify feeds.

We need some clarity here.