Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Does ASPDNSF create tons of default categories and manufacturers?...How do I stop it?

bdamore is offline Member

Default Does ASPDNSF create tons of default categories and manufacturers?...How do I stop it?

Hello,
    I am developing for ASPDNSF and I've started some new DB's/sites for testing. It seems everytime I create a new DB and start(build/debug) in VS2010, all of a sudden, there are 100+- categories & 100+- manufacturers,... How do I make it stop creating these defaults? (since I'll have to remove them all later anyway)

Thanks

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That demo data is only inserted into the DB if you run the 'Install Demo Website Data' script on the DB after creating it (at least in current versions - older versions from years ago created that all at one time). If you don't want that data, then just run the 'create' script and skip the demo data one.

Note that the images for the demo data are always there on a stock install. If you don't want those, just nuke the contents of the {root}/images/product/icon|medium|large folders after doing a clean install.