Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: modify the adhoc refund

toofast is offline Senior Member

Default modify the adhoc refund

when i refund an order, adnsf creates a new order and uses a special item named ADHOCREFUND. i would like to modify the adhoc refund so that i can type in the item sku that i want adnsf to use instead of this special ADHOCREFUND item. does anyone know if this is possible?

if someone can code this mod for me, i would pay them for the help.

esedirect is offline Senior Member

Tricky,as you'd need to change the source. However, you could always run a bit of SQL after you've done the refund, like this:

Code:
    UPDATE Orders_ShoppingCart
    SET OrderedProductSKU='<your sku in here>'
    WHERE OrderNumber=<your order number here>

eg
    UPDATE Orders_ShoppingCart
    SET OrderedProductSKU='ABC123'
    WHERE OrderNumber=102011
    As always, I recommend trying this on a test environment first to see what the ramifications of doing this is.

What if your customer orders 3 different items on one order and you are refunding on 2 of them? How will you handle 2 different SKUs? Make 2 ad hoc refunds? Or combine the 2 SKUs into 1 hybrid SKU?
    http://www.esedirect.co.uk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using MS 9.2.0.0 with the following customisations:

Lightbox/Fancybox enlarged images;
    Auto-suggest searchbox;
    Extra product information shown only to our IP Address (such as supplier info, costs, etc.);
    Failed transactions emailed via trigger;
    Custom app to show basket contents when customer online;
    Orders pushed through to accounting systems.

All the above without source!