Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Using .NET Framework 4.0

ideal_airsoft is offline Member

Default Using .NET Framework 4.0

I have version 8 and have a virtual directory for an application on my site. My virtual directory application has an update that requires .NET 4.0. It seems that aspdnsf does not like using version 4. Any tips on using .net 4.0 for the app pool? References in the web.config maybe?

ChrisAtAbilityBusiness is offline Junior Member

Hi,

BACK UP THE PROJECT FIRST!!

If you are managing the project/solution through Visual Studio 2010 you can upgrade the Storefront to target .Net 4.0 and Studio will make the necessary changes to the web.config for you. I have converted many Storefronts to run .Net 4.0 without problem and I don't believe there are any inherent incompatibilities.

BACK UP THE PROJECT FIRST!!

HTH
    Christopher Hallam
    Business Application Development & Consulting
    Ability Business
    AspDotNetStorefront Preferred Development Partner/Reseller

grein is offline Junior Member

Default .NET Framework 4.0

Hi, I recently updated to MS 2010 and the code runs sucessfully when I am testing, however when I made some changes to a few .cs files and uploaded the new dll for ASPDOTNETSTOREFRONTCOMMON the production site will not run. I then placed the new web.config file in production and it did not like the Target Framework tag, how do I make my site compatible with 4.0 so that I can incorporate the new changes in production. Thank God I backed up the dlls and web.config file so the site is still working but need to make the new changes in production....

virtualtap is offline Senior Member

Default Null Reference

I am hoping that someone may have a solution or let me know if they have the same problem when running 4.0 or not.

I needed to run ADNSF on .Net 4.0 because I needed to run a application that is 4.0 in a sub directory, everything seems to be working fine accept editing promotions (admin/PromotionEditor.aspx). when I click edit I get this error,

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    _PromotionEditor.gridPromotions_SelectedIndexChang ed(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\premierlash.com\Web\managepl\Pr omotionEditor.aspx.cs:52
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.HandleEvent(Eve ntArgs e, Boolean causesValidation, String validationGroup) +1191
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRow.OnBubbleEven t(Object source, EventArgs e) +163
    System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +51
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3706

Thanks
    MSX