Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Require registration for coupon use

CoryAvidmax is offline Junior Member

Default Require registration for coupon use

Is there a way to require a customer to register before a coupon is used? The problem we are having is we have a coupon that should only be good one time for each customer, but if they don't register then they can use that coupon multliple times.

ROBB is offline Senior Member

Default Registration For Coupon Use

How are your customers currently avoiding registration? Are you allowing anonymous checkout? Or are they getting around using PayPal express (or similar)?

Your solution could be as easy as disabling anonymous checkout (http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...-checkout.aspx) or may require customization.

Default Re: Registration For Coupon Use

Yes, we allow anonymous checkout. We are not willing to turn that off as it is a general best practice rule of thumb to allow anonymous checkout. Otherwise you risk losing a sale just because a customer did not want to register.

Default Registration For Coupon Use

There are several ways to accomplish that with some customization. Here are just a few different ways I can think of off the top of my head:

A) Prompt customer to first register when trying to apply a coupon

B) Disable anonymous checkout option if a coupon has been applied

C) Check if coupon X has been use by a specific email (instead of a specific customer record)

D) Inform the customer (on the address book/registration page) that they will have to register to use their coupon. Otherwise, if they choose to skip registration the coupon will be removed.

Is that something you could help us with?

Smile Registration For Coupon Use

Absolutely - which of the potential routes I listed out are you interested in? Shoot me an email so we can begin discussing. Also, let me know what version of the cart you are running and if you have source code or not.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Last edited by ROBB; 05-28-2012 at 09:35 PM.