Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: v8 Coupon Code Limitations. How many spaces?

omaxuk is offline Member

Default v8 Coupon Code Limitations. How many spaces?

A Coupon Code Limitations Question....

For marketing reasons, I'd like to have a 3 word phrase as a coupon code in v8.

Thus something like

"Have fun Now"
    "I like you"
    " A great offer"

These can be heard over the phone far more easily and mean something, rather than some obscure alphaNumeric.

As I see it the limitations to the coupon code are: (a-z, A-Z, space, and 0-9 only) but I'm no coder. In 'said' manual, there's no info and Admin area is not clear. I see 'space' not 'spaces' in the plural? Does that mean only 1 x space per coupon? Thus "I like you" is a no goer? Can I use 2 x spaces??

Thanks

Martin (UK user)
    We're Brits
    Love the Cart (the learning curve was 'kin steeeeeep!!!)
    The heavy-duty 'Toys' list included make it worth it.
    AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Tammy is offline Super Moderator

Just tested this on 8.0.1.2 and a phrase with multiple spaces ("i like you") works fine. Have you already tried a phrase as coupon code and it didn't work? If so, did you get an error in checkout or in admin?

omaxuk is offline Member

Default I too did a test and it worked but...

Sorry I should have said, I too did a test and it worked. I didn't do more than a custoemr-side test to see if the coupon was applied at checkout, and it was, all OK.

That doesn't necessarliy make it 'fly'. I suppose my question really should be, is there any reason why we can't do this?

To find out later that it is a bad idea, will mean un-making professioanl Voiceover artist recordings for Voicemail, Infomercial & Radio ads, etc etc. The fear is, this could get expensive and very time consuming if thsi idea fouls up the cart later.
    Last edited by omaxuk; 07-06-2011 at 12:41 AM.
    We're Brits
    Love the Cart (the learning curve was 'kin steeeeeep!!!)
    The heavy-duty 'Toys' list included make it worth it.
    AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2