Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Published product not showing as a search result...

chris-user is offline Member

Red face Published product not showing as a search result...

I have some odd issues happen after I have changed a product from a "no" publish status to a "yes" publish status.

In one instance, I changed the publish status on a product in the admin section from "no" to "yes". No other parameters on that product were changed. Even though the "publish" is set to "yes", the product does not show up in the results of a product search nor does it show up in any of the categories to which it is mapped.

In another instance, I updated a product (image, description, upsell, etc) as well as changed the publish status from "no" to "yes". This time, the product is showing up in the category, but does not show up in the product search results.

I have checked and double checked all of the information for each of these products in the admin section (main and variant) and everything seems to be set properly...anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Orangey is offline Junior Member

Have you tried the "Reset Cache" button in the top right of the admin interface? Sometimes that helps recently published products to actually appear.

chris-user is offline Member

Thanks, but I have already tried "reset cache" to no avail.

On another note, the product that showed up in the category but not in the search results yesterday is now showing up in the search results...

Still don't have an answer for the other product not showing up in the category or search results. I just deleted the product and added it again with another product sku...it's showing up properly in the category so I think it will show up in the search results tomorrow...hopefully!

deanfp is offline Senior Member

If your doing this on a live site it can take a while (our site an hour) for a product to appear in the search. Its due to aspdnsf compiling itself. If your in a time of low traffic try stopping and starting IIS to see if that works.