Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Help with Excel Import

vonkrieger is offline Junior Member

Default Help with Excel Import

I am trying to import a Bulk list of products. But I am only getting the top listing to import. Please Help!

Alkaline is offline Senior Member

The excel import can be a bit challenging, Aspdotnetstore has a much more superior WSI system for handling imports try this utility from the extensions marketplace a try:

http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p...commander.aspx
    Simrun AspDotNetStoreFront Development
    Preferred AspDotnetStorefront Development Partner
    ahsan[@]simrun[.]com
    remove the "[]" for email

Have a Nice Day

mlogan is offline Junior Member

I'm having the same problem. I've tried every variant of the excel spreadsheet on the forums and used the sample import spreadsheet contained in the import file samples folder without any editing.

No matter what I do I still get the same error message: Error on Node: : Node: Product, Required Field (ManufacturerRef) Is Missing!

Is there a different importing for Multistore?

And I'm not paying $200 for something that should work out of the box.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The Excel import tool does work out of the box if everything's entered correctly. If you're getting one row of data in then it's unlikely that you're using the wrong version of the file. Check the spreadsheet for things like comments on cells, formulas, special characters (they should be escaped or wrapped in CDATA tags) etc. Everything should be entered in plain text in the individual fields, you can't use formulas or cell references or any of the 'fancy' things that Excel can do. Basically the file shouldn't contain anything that couldn't be saved out as a simple text CSV.

mlogan is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the reply Scott. I was just about to "brute force" my through it or use an Access tied spreadsheet, but I thought I'd give it one more try.

So I used the .xls file in the import folder, started from that leaving only required information, handing typing it back in etc. Only to get the same Error Code on the import log.

However, I thought I'd import it anyway and to my amazement, not only was the test product there, but also test products from previous import attempts, although not all of them.

Did a quick test and behold the cookie monster, erased cookies and re-created the issue with successful import and error's in the log. That's why I was getting the same error log notification each time and it never changed.

mskVenus is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by vonkrieger View Post
    I am trying to import a Bulk list of products. But I am only getting the top listing to import. Please Help!
    I have the same question with you. Did you solve this problem? Any indication? Thanks!