Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Need Help Importing Excel Product sheet

vonkrieger is offline Junior Member

Default Need Help Importing Excel Product sheet

I have the right format for uploading an Excel sheet, but everytime I do Storefront only uploads the first item on the list. Can anyone offer some help? I know I am missing something probably really simple.

deanfp is offline Senior Member

what does the import log show?

Alkaline is offline Senior Member

Have you tried the WSI system?

http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p...commander.aspx

Here is a utility that converts excel/csv into WSI commands and generates a log file (be sure to save the file as a csv file before running it).

Thanks
    Simrun AspDotNetStoreFront Development
    Preferred AspDotnetStorefront Development Partner
    ahsan[@]simrun[.]com
    remove the "[]" for email

Have a Nice Day

mlogan is offline Junior Member

I'm having the same problem. I've tried every variant of the excel spreadsheet on the forums and used the sample import spreadsheet contained in the import file samples folder without any editing.

No matter what I do I still get the same error message: Error on Node: : Node: Product, Required Field (ManufacturerRef) Is Missing!

Is there a different importing for Multistore?

And I'm not paying $200 for something that should work out of the box.

mskVenus is offline Junior Member

Default Import Excel help

I just imported ASP9 using the import utility. It completed, but the status window didn't show anything in the log file and the data can not import into the product list. It is only show "**COMPLETED**". Does anyone can help me solve this questions?

Many Thanks!
    Last edited by mskVenus; 09-13-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Do you want to send an example of the spreadsheet?

Quote Originally Posted by deanfp View Post
    Do you want to send an example of the spreadsheet?
    Thank you to reply my question. I have a correct excel. I just send this correct excel to my customer, but the customer told me it can not imported. I check the excel that he has send it to me. I think the excel he has used is not the same as mine.

I know you mentioned that you are using V9. Ensure that it is the latest version of the bulk import spreadhseet. This has two additional columns (one right at the end for reference). You can download an example from your sites file directory ImportFileSamples

I know you mentioned that you are using V9. Ensure that it is the latest version of the bulk import spreadhseet. This has two additional columns (one right at the end for reference). You can download an example from your sites file directory ImportFileSamples
    Hi deanfp,

There is another question need you help. I added new columns(ISBN,Author,UPC_CODE) to the database product table. When I import the product from excel, it completed. But the new columns I have added can only import the first row of data into to the database, other lines of data can not be imported.

Thank you very much,
    Venus

Hi

I would need to see an example of your spreadsheet to see where the problems are. You can send me a copy by Message if you want.

Also are these the only products on your website? If so I would consider using SKU as ISBN and Manufacturer as Author.

Hi

I would need to see an example of your spreadsheet to see where the problems are. You can send me a copy by Message if you want.

Also are these the only products on your website? If so I would consider using SKU as ISBN and Manufacturer as Author.
    Hi deanfp,

Thank you very much! Now I have solve this question. Happy weekend!

Hi

Hi deanfp,

Now I have solve this question, thank you very much. Have a nice weekend!