Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: gift cards question

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

Default gift cards question

I have just found that gift cards are entered in the same location that coupons are entered for the customer. Is there anyone that has or knows of a way to seperate those boxes out? I want to offer a coupon and still allow customers to use their gift cards. Thanks.

jhoskinson is offline Member

Default so...

did anyone ever answer this for you? Or did you find a solution you can share?

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

I am just going ahead with the single box for now until I have time to look into separating them unfortunately.

lellenburg is offline Junior Member

Anyone have a suggestion to using both a coupon and gift card in the same transaction?

lindsay alford is offline Member

Hi,

Did you find an answer to this question as my customer would like to do the same thing i.e. use a gift certificate and a coupon together.

Thanks

Lindsay

lellenburg is offline Junior Member

No we did not. There is a third party promotion tool but it's not the same as coupons - discounts are automatically applied to shopping carts, no code needed. We implemented a custom solution but it auto applies a coupon to specific gift cards (nasty workaround to fix an urgent problem).

Since ASPDNSF changed hands, there seems to be little response to these post

lindsay alford is offline Member

Hi,

Thanks for replying, no worries I will look at modifying it myself.

Kind regards,

Lindsay

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

Due to the way the cart handles the coupons and giftcards (they are same "thing" in the way it's processed), there is no way to split these into two.

Splitting these into 2 would be like allowing the cart to take 2 coupons at the same time...which is not possible for the same reason.

We have done custom modifications to allow the entry of 2 coupons at once in checkout BUT this will not be possible with the giftcard/coupon scenario...
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)