Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Working with a new WSDL gateway

yakatz is offline Member
    Could be anywhere between 60N-28N and 77W-36E

Question Working with a new WSDL gateway

Searching this forum for FirstData/Linkpoint/YourPay shows how much trouble people have getting it to work on 64-bit systems. We were using the simple solution, setting the App Pool to 32-bit, but we think we will get a performance boost from going back to 64-bit.

FirstData has a WSDL API, so I started implementing it as a new gateway, but I have a minor problem.

It appears that gateways are expected to save the request and response data as XML in the order table in the DB (besides that it can help with debugging to have it there), and the FirstData VOID action requires a field called TDate which is included in the SALE/PREAUTH action, but which there is no column for in the DB.

I can not figure out how to get the auto-generated WSDL code to give-up its XML request and response. Because it is auto-generated code (as I assume the other WSDL-based gateways are), it is hard for me to figure out what it going on in the Reference.cs (and anyway the comment at the top says not to change anything in the file.)
    Any pointers on how I can get the XML?

I am willing (with the approval of my boss, of course, though I do not think it will be a problem) to release my gateway once it is done. I do not want to post the whole thing yet, but if someone would like to see it so they can suggest a solution for me, I can send it privately.
    Using ASPDotNetStoreFront since Version 3
    Got Version 9.
    Almost ready to deploy MultiStore (final testing stages for the new FirstData gateway)
    Finally upgraded our server to 2008 R2.

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

How is this coming along for you?

yakatz is offline Member
    Could be anywhere between 60N-28N and 77W-36E

I was actually on vacation for two weeks and while I was out, one of my co-workers dropped in a function to serialize the request and response to xml that we can put in the database.
    We had some authentication trouble while we were testing it, but it appears that was because the FirstData testing gateway is broken and not because we did something wrong. I should be able to put the finishing touches on it this week.
    Using ASPDotNetStoreFront since Version 3
    Got Version 9.
    Almost ready to deploy MultiStore (final testing stages for the new FirstData gateway)
    Finally upgraded our server to 2008 R2.