Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How are taxes calculated

gleapman is offline Member

Default How are taxes calculated

Client called to complain that sales taxes are not rounding properly...that $44.50899 was not rounding up to $44.51. As a result, his accounting software and aspdotnetstorefront are calculating different taxes on the same order. Read a post that says the stored proc calculates the tax on each item separately and rounds each one before adding them together. Is this true?

I don't have the full source code so I cannot look inside the stored proc. If this is true, then that's just wrong and inaccurate. And it's disturbing that to have aspdotnetstorefront calculate taxes correctly I need to buy the source code to modify the stored proc.

Like to hear from a staff person about this and whether there is a workaround that does not involve buying the source code.

esedirect is offline Senior Member

If you're modifying a stored proc, you don't need the source code. When someone talks about the source code, they mean the c# or vb files.

The stored procs are held in the database
    http://www.esedirect.co.uk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using MS 9.2.0.0 with the following customisations:

Lightbox/Fancybox enlarged images;
    Auto-suggest searchbox;
    Extra product information shown only to our IP Address (such as supplier info, costs, etc.);
    Failed transactions emailed via trigger;
    Custom app to show basket contents when customer online;
    Orders pushed through to accounting systems.

All the above without source!

95% of my stored procs are locked and cannot be modified. Are we allowed to decrypt them without violating the license agreement? If so, how do you suggest I unlock them?

With a version for a customer several years ago (I think before they started charging extra for all source code) the stored procs were not encrypted. In the version we have for this client (bought it in 2009), the stored procs are encrypted. I've always assumed that meant those stored procs were part of the package of source code sold separately.
    Last edited by gleapman; 06-16-2011 at 10:30 AM.

esedirect is offline Senior Member

The source for the stored procedures comes in a file called "create aspdotnetstorefront database.sql".

Where the sp is created it will say "with encryption". Remove that, drop the sp and re-create it.

The solution is somewhere here on the forum or in the manual.

You can change them, and everyone on here does. It just means you're deviating away from a stock install.
    http://www.esedirect.co.uk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using MS 9.2.0.0 with the following customisations:

Lightbox/Fancybox enlarged images;
    Auto-suggest searchbox;
    Extra product information shown only to our IP Address (such as supplier info, costs, etc.);
    Failed transactions emailed via trigger;
    Custom app to show basket contents when customer online;
    Orders pushed through to accounting systems.

All the above without source!

Thanks. That helps.

OK, got the encryption thing worked out...now back to the main issue.

As far as I know, in all or most of the US, taxes are calculated based on the cart total. Will that option be provided in the future? In the meantime, has the staff tested the fix generously provided by mebrahimi in this post to confirm that it works and addresses this issue?