Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Strange Menu Issues After Staging Site Install

j7r7c is offline Junior Member

Default Strange Menu Issues After Staging Site Install

I'm getting weird menu behavior after I have moved the development site to the staging location. If you notice in the attached files the staged menu does not appear in the green strip and the font sizes vary. The staging admin site is also screwy. Nested menus are blank. When viewing the source of the development site the menus were table, tr and td tags, yet the screwed up staging site the menus were in div and li tags. Does anyone have any suggestions for any files or configurations I happened to miss? Would ASP.Net 4.0 cause this type of behavior?

Development Site
    Name:  Capture1.JPG
Views: 62
Size:  46.8 KB

Staging Site
    Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  40.9 KB

Staging Admin Site
    Name:  Capture3.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  33.7 KB

I had originally deployed with a precompiled site so I deleted the staging site and redeployed a non-precompiled site with the same result.

esedirect is offline Senior Member

Most likely to do with your CSS style sheets
    http://www.esedirect.co.uk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using MS 9.2.0.0 with the following customisations:

Lightbox/Fancybox enlarged images;
    Auto-suggest searchbox;
    Extra product information shown only to our IP Address (such as supplier info, costs, etc.);
    Failed transactions emailed via trigger;
    Custom app to show basket contents when customer online;
    Orders pushed through to accounting systems.

All the above without source!

Turns out it was do to the site being on the .Net 4.0 application pool. It was moved back to the 3.5 pool and everything started working as intended.