Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: User Review of ASPDNSF Extensions

Contour is offline Junior Member

Default User Review of ASPDNSF Extensions

Hi - I'm considering the purchase of several extensions provided by ASPDNSF - Specifically the One Page Checkout / Mini-Cart and Product Page Layouts.

I tried searching the forums for user experiences, but only found detailed questions or problems. So if this exists somewhere - please direct me there.

Otherwise - Has anyone implemented these mods?
    Do they work well (integration with cart, usability with browsers, etc.)?
    Have you experienced improved performance - IE increased conversions, reduced abandoned cart, etc?
    Does the One Page Checkout display up-sell and cross-sell products? I didn't see this in the demo or graphic shots.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences. I've worked with Vortx and they have generally been excellent, but past mods in ASPDNSF have been spotty, especially with small annoying bugs.

mjg is offline Member

We have implemented this for two of our customers and will implement on one of our internal sites as soon as we have the time to upgrade the site to 9.1.0.1.

Adding them to the site is fairly easy to do if you follow the fairly clear instructions for each one. The only "gotchas" that I've encountered are:
    • We are cleaning up a CSS conflict on OPC to ensure it displays well. This is a not a problem with the product but with the site itself.
    • Even though these products are sold together, the licensing tech for each module is different. The mini-cart is simply a matter of adding some Web.Config variables and dropping some DLLs in the bin directory as I recall. The OPC stores license information in the appconfigs and is very literal. So, you need to get a license code for your dev domain, your staging domain and your live domain so make sure you ask for all of them at once. If you ever find yourself clicking on Checkout from the shopping cart page and getting redirected to the home page, don't get frustrated, just remember this means (most likely) that the license doesn't match the URL you are using to access the site.
    • To the best of my knowledge, the Upsell and Cross-sell opportunities are in the shopping cart not in OPC although I can honestly say I haven't tried this.

In addition to the visual "coolness" afforded by the mini-cart's ability to "throw" an item into the mini-cart I think the OPC is the packages biggest value in that it is a MUCH better way for new customers to check out than the stock method. I would get it again just for that.

Now, just to be clear, none of the sites we've implemented this on have gone live yet so I can't give you real-world stories or conversion increases (hopefully) but it is something to get started with.

Good luck!
    EMM - Enhanced Email Manager

Thanks mjg.

I agree with the design benefits on the OPC - it has a much better flow. Since I'm working with a live site, once I implement it, I'd have to back out everything to revert to existing checkout if we had any problems. I hope anyone using currently can provide feedback on how robust it is.

I'm going to go ahead and purchase the product layout extension - so after I install and configure, I'll post back with my findings.

Jeff

Default Product Layout Extension Review

I purchased the "Product Page with Tabs and Variants in DropDowns" xml product layout. Purchase and install was easy. As is selecting the package for products in admin interface.

Depending on the coding of your current products, you may need to adjust you code, and ensure you have products in your "related Products" field.

I implemented on two test products - a simple product and a complicated product with two variants and several sizes in each.

First off - the simple product works well and looks better (Cleaner). The biggest problem - once implemented, https versions of the page show it is no longer fully secure (mixed content). Given that we're all in ecommerce, this is a drawback. It appears the social icons used in the extension are not defined correctly and causing the issue. Also, once I set up the new extension, "Also Bought" products appeared for the first time on my site, in any product layout. Setting the AppConfig 'AlsoBoughtNumberToDisplay' to 0 solved that problem.

On the more complicated product, I discovered a big problem: The second variant and sizes did not transfer to the shopping cart correctly. Each size has a higher price, and a unique sku, along with a unique variant/size product title. ONly the title passed through correctly (IE - Customer chooses second variant, largest size, it appears with correct wording in cart) BUT the price and the sku both reflect the original base price. in other words, the cart registered the wrong price and sku. Not good.

The first Variant continued to work correctly.

Submitted to ASPDNSF support without resolve - they claimed it was not related to the extension, but I tested the same product with different layouts and only this new one caused the problem.

Note - I tested the simple product using a split-url test between our existing layout and the new layout. The new layout resulted in almost a 20% higher conversion rate.

Overall - the layout is a positive improvement, but only for simple products. I recommend testing every aspect to ensure it's working correctly. I am a little disappointed that the add-on was not fully tested and optimized before I purchased it.

I'm still undecided on whether I will move forward on the one-page checkout. Looking for you experience here as well - with either of these extensions, or with any ASPDNSF extensions and support.

Thanks!

rickkozz is offline Member

Default one page checkout OPC

We had to remove OPC it kept emptying the cart on checkout
    and was random using ver 9.1x with mini cart add in
    If anyone has any ideas would be appreciated
    Rick

Rick - Any luck with your problem?

I'm curious if ASPDNSF Support stepped in and helped at all?

deanfp is offline Senior Member

What would be really nice on the forum is a new section for sites that have either the supported add ons from Vortex plugged in, or, new add on's bespoke built by other developers.

I feel were all part of the same community here and sharing the knowledge is paramount for the success of the growth of ASPDNSF.

We have mainly used a developer who have provided some great add ons (bespoke powersearch, minicart, google feeds etc) and we have also used vortex partnered developers for things such as one page sign in for two customer levels and icons on products (For sale, on offer etc)

Works great for us for all three but a section on the forum showcasing these on different versions of ASPDNSF would be good to see.