Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Add to Cart Multiple Variants with one click

guptaat is offline Member

Exclamation Add to Cart Multiple Variants with one click

Would like to allow the customer to order multiple variants of a product with one add to cart click.

I have a modded TableOrderForm XML package that works on older version but fails in v 9.

I tried to modify the table order form xml package that comes with v9 but in vain.

Noticed that all pages now have a form tag by default. Category pages seem to post to itself and then any processing happens as a result of postback. For product pages form tags takes it ShowProducts.aspx for processing.

In previous versions, one could have multiple forms and do the neccessary processing but in v9 due to standard asp form it is limiting it somewhat.

Also noticed that for product pages the input tag types are button but they do not have any onclick attribute. A sample code is below..

<input type="button" id="AddToCartButton_31_37" name="AddToCartButton_31_37" class="AddToCartButton" value="Add to Cart">
    I thought button type wont do anything till onclick attribute was specified. SO how is anything working when a user clicks on add to Cart button in product page.???

Using ML 9.0.1 version. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Amit
    Last edited by guptaat; 06-05-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added more information