Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Add Manufacturer Name to Product page

gmaniac is offline Member

Default Add Manufacturer Name to Product page

I am using:

Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

My product pages are using product.SimpleProduct.xml.config xml package. I would figure there would be a real simple solution like getmlvalue(Manufacturer) or something but there is not. I have tried following:
    http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...o+product+name

However, it is not working for me, any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you!

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

I have posted a nice guide on this thread
    http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...-Product-Pg-V9

It works in ver 8 and ver 9 as it is all purely inside the XML package. If you still have problems I will try and help out.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

Default grid

Thank you! Works perfectly however, I can't get it to pull the manufacturer's name inside the grid layout. So it would be the entity.grid.xml.config file I can not get it to work in, had no problems inserting it into product.SimpleProduct.xml.config

Thank you again for all your help saved me a lot of time and headache!

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

Hm inside our entity page in the Product template we was able to use
    Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(ManufacturerName)" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
    Our product SQL is just the standard one shipped with ASP, see if that works for you?
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

Default Thank you!

You are amazing, thank you! I wonder why we couldn't use the getmlvalue() on the product page? The reason I would think it should work I believe that the xslextensionbase or whatever it is that is being run with the getmlvalue() has it's own sql script. I am going to see if that will work. I know that to pull the image and link it has to be done the way you originally showed me.

You have made my life so much easier, I appreciate the help! Everything works exactly how we were wanting!

Default getmlvalue()

I just double checked and the getmlvalue only works in the entity page and not in other config files. Regardless, thank you for a solution for both