Hi, new to asp.net coding and this AspDotNetStoreFront thing, so any help would be appreciated.

I need to tweak my existing website (asp.net) to make it work along with AspDotNetStoreFront. So I need to understand how the AspDotNetStoreFront keeps track of returning customer through Cookies.

I understand that if a customer hit AspDotNetStoreFront page for the first time, a cookie named "ASPXANONYMOUS" will be inserted. Later if the customer returns , this cookie value will be used to retrieve customer details (names/items in shopping cart) from table. My questions are:

1) I see a cookie named ".ASPXANONYMOUS" was written with some long value like "8k-bHuRMzAEkAAAAYjM2M2U1NTctZWJlMC00MDBmLTlhN2EtNDQzN 2M1YjVkOTRlrob5l1rmnw0D6L4wPbBzGVlUPz01". This value is in no way close to any of CustomerID, CustomerGUID or CustomerSessionGUID. So is it an encrypted value? How is the encryption/decryption happening?

2) After this value is retrieved, how is it used to pin-point a customerID? from which table, CUSTOMER table? CUSTOMERSESSION table? by which column?

3) Where in the code does this "insert cookie" happen? which class/method?

Please let me know if I still need to further explain myself. Thanks !!