Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Capture payment: bug or working as designed?

wkeithg is offline Member

Default Capture payment: bug or working as designed?

System: 9101
    Payment gateway: Paypal Website Pro

I've just upgraded to 9101. I sell products to customers domestically and internationally. I just received my first international order since the upgrade to 9101. On ASPDNSF, the order state showed AUTHORIZED but I noticed that Transaction ID showed "Transaction ID: CAPTURE=xxx", not "Transaction ID: AUTH=xxx | CAPTURE=xxx". When I click Capture, I receive the error message "Capture Status: Invalid or Empty Transaction ID".

On Paypal, the transaction's AVS was G and the CSC was M, which is what I would expect for a foreign transaction. I called Paypal and everything looked good on their end. I was able to capture the transaction on their side with no problems.

Questions:

1. Why didn't I see AUTH=xxx | CAPTURE=yyy for Transaction ID on ASPDNSF?
    2. Now that I captured the order on Paypal, how do I get ASPDNSF to show that it was captured?
    3. Am I seeing a bug in 9101 or is it working as designed?

Thanks.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik is offline Senior Member

This is a known bug that should be fixed in the next release. Try setting your TransactionMode="AUTH CAPTURE" for now.
    Erik Sutton
    AspDotNetStorefront Technical Support

Erik,

Thanks for your update. I looked at the XML and saw the AUTH code in it so it [the AUTH code] is making its way from PayPal to my site. Does this bug pertain only to the scenario I described or it is broader?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik View Post
    This is a known bug that should be fixed in the next release. Try setting your TransactionMode="AUTH CAPTURE" for now.
    Last edited by wkeithg; 05-24-2011 at 04:08 PM.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik is offline Senior Member

Default PayPalPro gateway issues

It is affecting all PayPalPro gateway transactions. It was actually occurring in the previous 9.x editions but has finally been slated for the next release (after 9.1.0.1).

Setting your Transaction Mode to AUTH CAPTURE is reported to work correctly.

The next release should be a version of MultiStore so it will be free to you as an upgrade to your 9.1.0.1
    Erik Sutton
    AspDotNetStorefront Technical Support

Thanks Erik.