Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Restoring a shopping cart from a backup

albert_tf is offline Member

Default Restoring a shopping cart from a backup

Hello,
    In version 7.x I did a monthly maintenance and cleared all the open shopping carts. An irate customer called and said he had a lot of items in his cart (over 100) and could we possibly restore them? I have a backup copies of the database (created every night) and was wondering which table data I need to copy back to restore this one cart. I think I only want to restore just this one so there won't be any other problems.

This customer never actually checks out, but just uses the cart to create an order.

Thanks for any help,
    Albert

albert_tf is offline Member

Default Restoring a shopping cart

Just in case anyone else needs to do this - I restored the db to a different name, transferred the cart items to a new table in the live db, then appended them to the ShoppingCart table. That worked quite well. The customer was able to logon and get their cart back and then check out. Whew...