Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How to accept PayPal with telephone orders?

jazzloft99 is offline Senior Member

Default How to accept PayPal with telephone orders?

I get a lot of folks calling in their orders. If someone wants to use PayPal, how do you handle this? Do you have to have them tell you their user name and password? Thanks.

rpoage is offline Junior Member

The way we handle this is somewhat a PITA. You have to complete the order and then log onto your PayPal account and send a request for funds to the PayPal account of your customer. I reccomend that you give the customer a time frame to transfer funds (we use 24hours) Otherwise you tie up your inventory.

Note: to ask the customer for his PayPal addy as it is sometimes different than their email address. Then you need a system to ensure that you don't ship the order until funds are sent in a manor acceptable to your business rules. IMO this is an additional opportunity for fraud so be careful.
    Robert Poage
    Ashford Hobby.

www.ashfordhobby.com
    robert@ashfordhobby.com

jazzloft99 is offline Senior Member

I was afraid this was the method. Thanks.