Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Need Help

Josh is offline Junior Member

Default Need Help

Hi,

when I migrated my website to windows server 2008, something wrong happen(check the attachment).

I google the reason for this:

"This problem may occur if there is a duplicate entry for the specified configuration section setting at a higher level in the configuration hierarchy (for example, in a parent site/folder’s web.config or applicationHost.config file). The error message itself points out the location of duplicate entry or entries. "

but I am still confused. I placed the folder under the root of C disk, there is no parent folder.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

klorenc@ltp.org is offline Junior Member

Default Had same error

Did you use Asp.Net 4 for your app pool or Classic .Net app pool, because you with alot of ppl using classic made those errors disappear, including me.

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

In my experience and based on conversations I've had with ASPDNSF support, IIS Integrated mode is the correct setting. While using Classic mode will clear up some errors, it creates others that can't be fixed with a configuration change. I recommend that you don't change your site to Classic mode but instead fix the source of the problem.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

mskVenus is offline Junior Member

Default Need Help

when I try to open the xxx.xml.config, my computer will be stuck! I am very confused about this. But when i open another one, such as I open xx.aspx, the computer will not get stuck. How it happened?

Thanks!