Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Remove my company address from bottom of Receipt

jag64551 is offline Member

Default Remove my company address from bottom of Receipt

I need to remove the address that is listed for our company at the bottom of the receipts that are printed as well as emailed. Out company address appears at the top already, so we don't need it to happen twice. I would like the "Total: xx.xx" field to be the last field on the page. Where should I go to edit this?

Also, a couple of other things:
    -How do I reduce the font size for our company's address at the top of the receipt?
    -How do I get rid of the roughly 150 pixels that appear between the bottom of "Order Date:" and the "Bill To:" address?

All of our receipts have been printing on two pages since we upgraded to the 9's and we need to get it corrected. I believe we are currently running 9.0.1.3 with SPs.

Thanks,

Jamie

deanfp is offline Senior Member

You can make changes via the notification.receipt.xml.config

For styling look at the receipt and receipt style sheets in the App Templates/Skin1 folder

jag64551 is offline Member

Default Thanks

Thank you for pointing those things out. I'm not a huge programmer, and I'm not seeing where to take out our company's second address at the end of the receipt. Do you think you could point me in the right direction? Thank you!

nharkrader is offline Junior Member

Default Changing Receipts

We are running into the same issues. Where do we modify the receipts we print for customers? I want to add a return policy, contact information and other text that ANY retailer should have on the receipt.

Also, am I right in assuming that each store, using a different skin will therefore have a different receipt? Of course, if we have, say 5 stores, we would want a different looking receipt for each store with the appropriate store name.

Any suggestions? I'm sure this is easier that what I am seeing since this is a major e-commerce solution.

Thanks

sha87 is offline Member

I'm not sure about Multistore, but I use single and the receipt can be edited through the file "notification.receipt.xml.config" which is located in \AspDotNetStorefront\Web\XmlPackages for me. If you aren't familiar with HTML / XML, it may seem overwhelming at first. Just remember to create a backup of the file before you do any changes.

Removing information is probably the easiest. As a general rule, If what you want to remove is near the bottom of the page, it'll most likely be in the bottom half of the file as well. This isn't true for my receipt file though - the bottom is around line 428, which isn't even 1/3rd of the way down in my receipt file. I like to use the simple "Find" function and type in what I'm looking for. In this case, you should see "ReceiptFooter" somewhere near the text you are looking for.

I hope that helps - it's hard to say without seeing your receipt file, but that is how it's worked for me