Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: New Categories Disappear After Creating

Hondo69 is offline Member

Default New Categories Disappear After Creating

The first 15 or so categories I created worked just fine, sub-categories too. Nowadays, each time I add a new category it immediately disappears. Have tried resetting cache, logging out and back in, waiting 20 minutes befor logging back in, etc. Sometimes, if I click on "Categories" and the display order page appears, hitting "update" helps. Sometimes not.

Anybody know the trick to this?
    Version ML 8.0.1.4/8.0.1.4

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Do you have any sub categories on your site that are Published but the Parent Category is Unpublished? If so unpublish these, refresh the cache and see if this works.

No, all categories are published.

I noticed some really old posts that addressed this issue, but nothing recent. If I reset cache, log out, and wait a half hour or so the system seems to fix itself and the new category will magically reappear.

The problem seems to be the same regardless if I'm creating a new category, sub-category or department. It's a puzzle.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Tammy is offline Super Moderator

Default CacheMenu AppConfig

Try changing the AppConfig CacheMenus to False while you're entering data.

Thanks Tommy, that helped a great deal.

I also noticed another trick that works. When creating sub-categories do not click the "add category" link directly under the parent category. Instead, go to the very bottom of all listings and use that "add category" link. Then you just have to indicate it's parent using the drop down list presented while creating the category name.

For example, to create a sub-cat for Cat3:

CATEGORIES
    Cat1
    Cat2
    Cat3
    - add category <-- don't click here
    Cat4
    Cat5

- add category <-- use this one at the very bottom instead