Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Site Speed Analytics

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

Default Site Speed Analytics

Google Analytics now tracks website speed down to the pages.

To add this functionality requires a new line added to the Javascript at the bottom of the page.
    http://www.google.com/support/analyt...answer=1205784

However this last bit of code is generated by ASPDOTNETStorefront, so were can we go to edit the token for (!GOOGLE_ECOM_TRACKING_V2!) <- version 8

So inside AppLogic.cs in the core find line 308 and insert this new line under it.
    Code:
    tmpS.Append("pageTracker._trackPageLoadTime();\n");
    Now go to line 346 and again insert a new line with the same code.

Build your solution and you are ready to go, or you can just build the core and deploy that part.

Now in version 9 I believe the token is the same, however the default skin one does not include it so I can not be 100% sure, I assume so.

So in version 9 you are looking for this bit of code at the bottom of your template
    Code:
     <asp:Literal ID="GoogleTracking" runat="server" Text='<%$ Tokens:GOOGLE_ECOM_TRACKING_V2 %>' />
    However like I said that could be completely wrong, the id maybe different but if the token is calling ecom tacking v2 then this will work just fine.

Again in the AppLogtic.cs line 381 insert the code below
    Code:
    tmpS.Append("pageTracker._trackPageLoadTime();\n");
    and same thing again line 419 same and build!

By the time you wake up tomorrow you will have some fresh new site speed stats in analytics. To access and see this new information I believe you need to be using the new version of analytics, if you are still using the old one just look at the top right and read backwards. Before your logged in email will be a red link saying new version (you can switch between them on the fly.)

By now your site should be running fine and back to normal. Over the next week you can get a good idea of slow pages on your website and target the important points. For example you may find your biggest drop off is the shipping selection during the checkout because it takes 40 seconds to load (example, don't worry it normally doesn't!) so you can look to find bottle necks your customers hit.

Hope this helps everyone!

p.s. if you can not find the code in the AppLogic.cs do a search for this line
    public static String GetGoogleEComTrackingV2(Customer ThisCustomer, Boolean isOrderConfirmationAspx)
    or just GetGoogleEComTrackingV2 to get you in the section all about Google Tracking code.

We have this live on our website fine, keep in mind always have a backup of your DLL's in case it doesn't!
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

Just been running this for the past couple of days on the e-commerce website and it is working perfectly!
    It is recording speeds and showing them in Analytics with no impact on other tracking.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience