Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Changing the newsletter signup format.

mlogan is offline Junior Member

Default Changing the newsletter signup format.

I'm trying to do something I thought would be simple, changing the layout of the newsletter signup format.

I'd like to change the format to ahve the text, the input box and the submit button all on one line, rather than the 2 lines.

I'm pretty sure you have to have the source code (ridiculous) but was hoping there's another way.

Thanks.

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Hi

What version of ASPDNSF are you using?

Thanks for the reply.

MultiStore 9.1.0.1

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Try to see if you have the div classes

newsletter or newsletterForm

Also have you looked in your style.css to see if there is any original formatting there?

Well ... nothing in the CSS would preclude a one line entry. I checked the off-the-shelf skins and it does point to Newsletter1 in the leftNav div, but I couldn't find it in the style.css files

The reason I'm thinking I need the source code is the template line:

<div class="content"><aspdnsf:NewsletterControl ID="NewsletterControl1" runat="server" /></div>

The same reason why I can change the output of the left nav manu, the controls are in the source code, which I don't have and refuse to pay for to change something so simple.

Thanks for the help.

hotdog is offline Member

Question Have you found a solution?

I do have the source code and I still can't find it. Because the column where my newsletter sign up control lives is a bit narrower, it looks all jacked up.

Email |_____________|
    Address
    |__Submit__|

I would prefer it look like this:

Email Address
    |_______________|
    |__Subimt__|

Thanks for joining the hunt. Not having the source I can only assume that it is in their ... somewhere.

Wherever the "aspdnsf:NewsletterControl" is ... I would assme would control it.

MY goal is this:

Email ______________ Submit

Doesn't seem like it should be that hard, maybe using a Grep program would be able to find it.

mmcgeachy is offline Senior Member

Unfortunately there isn't a easy way to edit the html in the control without the source.

The best way to edit the html I can think of is to make a xmlpackage/control that uses that uses a forum outside the runat sever tag. Then have have action set to a new page that processes the forum data. Depending on if you want to use captcha or not it may get a bit more complex but the basic html without captcha would look something like this.
    C#/VB.NET Code:
    <form action="Newsletter_Sub.aspx" method="post"  enctype="multipart/form-data">
    Email Address: <input type='text' id='txtEmailAddress' size='13' /><input type='submit' value='Submit'id='cmdSubmit'  />
    </
    form

suid001 is offline Junior Member

Has anyone figured this out? I have the source and still cannot find the reference to that control.

ericv is offline Junior Member

The control output is generated in function AspDotNetStorefrontControls.NewsletterControlServi ce.GetNewsletterToken().
    Simply modify the text in string html to adjust the newsletter layout. Be careful not to change the outer pktSubscribe div. It's innerHtml is replaced with results during the subscription process.

Hope this helps.

mal247 is offline Junior Member

Default this should be in a package or in appconfig or just controlled by the class

it outputs a table with a class of NewsletterBox but with hardcoded style and width attributes of 50px.

mal247 is offline Junior Member

Default it's beyond hackish

but you could do something like this in case you don't have access to the source code

after the newsletter box code

<script language="javascript">
    newsTable = document.getElementById("ptkSubscribe").getElement sByTagName("table");
    newsTable[0].style.width="250px";
    </script>