Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Nuke Customer

campbelt101 is offline Member

Default Nuke Customer

Ok... here was the request:

Code:
    <AspDotNetStorefrontImport Version="9.0">
      <Customer Action="Nuke" ID="58646" />
    </AspDotNetStorefrontImport>
    Here was the response:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <AspDotNetStorefrontImportResult Version="9.0" DateTime="4/26/2011 3:59:13 PM">
      <Error Message="Exception, Message=Could not find stored procedure 'aspdnsf_NukeCustomer'." />
    </AspDotNetStorefrontImportResult>

Little note to add...

It appears that an email address can only exist once in the Customer table. If you "delete" a customer, it does not release that email address to be reused. The customer must be "nuked" in order to use that email address again.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Looks like the aspdnsf_NukeCustomer (original) stored proc was changed to aspdnsf_NukeStoreCustomer, but it wasn't updated in the WSI class. I've reported this to our dev already so they can fix it in the next version. Meantime, you could directly go to MSSQL and nuke the record there instead.

An email can only exist once in the DB, yes, this is my default. However, you could override it by setting Appconfig: AllowCustomerDuplicateEMailAddresses to true; this is mostly used if you're allowing anonymous checkout.

Funny, the first thing I thought of was to try delete the customer table record via a "Delete Customer where CustomerID = x", but I soon realized that wouldn't work right because the relational deletes are not setup in the database.

But, you just gave me the name of the store proc so I can just call that.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Alfred View Post
    Looks like the aspdnsf_NukeCustomer (original) stored proc was changed to aspdnsf_NukeStoreCustomer, but it wasn't updated in the WSI class. I've reported this to our dev already so they can fix it in the next version. Meantime, you could directly go to MSSQL and nuke the record there instead.

An email can only exist once in the DB, yes, this is my default. However, you could override it by setting Appconfig: AllowCustomerDuplicateEMailAddresses to true; this is mostly used if you're allowing anonymous checkout.

I went an took a look at the aspdnsf_NukeStoreCustomer and it appears to me that this stored procedure deletes all store customers for the specified store. The parameters that can be specified are StoreID and IncludeAdmins. Sounds like they might have dropped the stored procedure to nuke a specific customer.

toofast is offline Senior Member

i see the same think...is there a nuke customer SP?