Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Some email working, some not - need help please

WarrenW is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Some email working, some not - need help please

Hi Everyone,

I have setup the storefront software for a client of ours and everything has worked fine. Now a week ago they say customers are not getting their order email confirmations. I looked at the settings and everything looks good. When I test the emails through the advanced tab, the only one out of the three that is successful is the Send Test Order Notification. The Send Test Receipt and SendTestShippedEmail is failing saying Authentication failed. Check your username and password to make sure that the correct username and password are entered in.

All three tests uses the same mail server dns, username and password right? If so, why would it work for only one? It also cannot send an email when trying to retrieve my password from the login page.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Click the 'Resend receipt email' button on one of the orders that failed on the View/Manage Orders page. If the software gets an error back from the mail server, you'll get the full error message on that page.

Most of the time when customers run into issues where some emails work and others don't, it's a mail server issue - usually it turns out that the mail account they're using doesn't have permission to send emails to other domains.