Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Customers ship to address

neverenoughauto is offline Junior Member

Default Customers ship to address

I searched around a little and did not find an answer so i am asking

Is there a way to force the customer to have the same ship to and bill to name and address?

we are fearful of fraudulent dropships, we would like to have the customer enter their address and have only one which is the billing address

Thanks

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Sure, just set the AllowShipToDifferentThanBillTo AppConfig to false.

neverenoughauto is offline Junior Member

ok i changed that, just ran a test on it but it does not have the desired effect

you can still add multiple addresses and have a different bill to and a different shipping address

we would like to have the "ship to" forced as the "bill to" both the same without the option to add anymore addresses or ship to any other addresses, just 1 address and that's it

Thanks

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Removing the ability to add other addresses at all is going to take some customization, there's nothing built in for that. I wouldn't really recommend it either unless you have a dev customize it in such a way that it's very simple for your customers to understand why they can't, and how to change the things that you'll let them.

Restricting customers on something that they would expect to be able to do (and will be able to do on competitors' sites) like change an address is never a great plan.