Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: USPS International Rates Not Working

cmajor is offline Junior Member

Default USPS International Rates Not Working

After preforming the URL Scan Update our USPS International rates no longer work.It seems to be the registered trademark that is creating the problem but even blocking them in the AppConfigs is not removing or fixing the problem. I am at a loss as to what to do next. We use real time rates for our shipping and the domestic rates work fine it is only the International rates that will not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

What version are you on?

You are correct, USPS added a "registered mark" at the end of every international method name, which causes the problem. This was a known issue, and was discovered couple of months ago.

The patch was posted here, if you are not using either of those versions, please submit a ticket to support.

miguelcrush is offline Senior Member

Hey Everyone,

Question: I have source and need to get this patch.
    How do I add it to the solution and rebuild it? (I haven't made any changes to the Core dll (yet)).
    Mike Steyer
    Information Systems Admin

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

If you had the updated RTShipping.cs class already (if not, contact support), drop it into AspDotNetStorefrontCore project (overwrite it if you do not have any changes at all), then from the VS Solution, right click and 'Build'.

Name:  build.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  14.3 KB

miguelcrush is offline Senior Member

Ok, let me rephrase my question since after looking at it again, it's not as clear as I should have been.

In that patch, there is only a dll file. I can see that working for people without source, as they can just drop it into their app code folder and everything will be fine. For me, however, don't I need a class file as opposed to an already compiled class library? Or is that what you meant by "contact support"?
    Mike Steyer
    Information Systems Admin

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik is offline Senior Member

The patches for source code can only be obtained from support, so submit your request and be sure to include in your request:

-Exact edition and version info.
    -Codebase used (C# or VB)

Submit a Ticket

More importantly, since you are not upgraded to the newest releases (ML8.0.1.4 and MultiStore 9.1.0.1), you should be starting your upgrade as soon as convenient, as older versions become unsupported as of 6/9/2011

These upgrades are available to current ML8/9 users as a free upgrade. Just visit your 'My Licenses' page and click the Upgrade link to the right.
    Erik Sutton
    AspDotNetStorefront Technical Support