Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Bought Source Code - Issues

miguelcrush is offline Senior Member

Default Bought Source Code - Issues

Hey everybody, it's been a while.

So our company just bought source code for version 8. I'm excited to start working with it. We purchased VS 2010 Pro for this as well.

So, I've tried loading the solution into visual studio, and I'm immediately getting some errors when I do an initial build.

Four of these:

Code:
    Metadata file 'C:\Documents and Settings\miguel\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\AspDotNetStorefront8.0.1.2\ASPDNSFCore\bin\Debug\AspDotNetStorefrontCore.dll' could not be found
    I've checked to see if the file is actually there, and it's not.
    So I tried to build just that project, and get these:

Code:
    Error	2	The name 'XsltObjects' does not exist in the current context	C:\Documents and Settings\miguel\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\AspDotNetStorefront8.0.1.2\ASPDNSFCore\XmlPackage2.cs	160	67	AspDotNetStorefrontCore
    Code:
    Warning	3	The primary reference "C:\Documents and Settings\miguel\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\AspDotNetStorefront8.0.1.2\XsltObjects\bin\Debug\XsltObjects.dll" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the .NET Framework assembly "mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" which has a higher version "4.0.0.0" than the version "2.0.0.0" in the current target framework.	AspDotNetStorefrontCore
    Code:
    Error	1	The type or namespace name 'XsltObjects' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	C:\Documents and Settings\miguel\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\AspDotNetStorefront8.0.1.2\ASPDNSFCore\XmlPackage2.cs	160	17	AspDotNetStorefrontCore
    Help?
    Mike Steyer
    Information Systems Admin

any ideas?
    is there some document I should read? if so, can someone please share it?
    Mike Steyer

this is extremely frustrating.
    i've made no changes to the source code and cannot get the solution to build.
    Mike Steyer

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Sorry for the late response.

First thing you need to do is uninstall the .NET FRAMEWORK 4.x, as it's not supported with you current version. ML 8.0.1.2 needs .net 2.x.

Let us know if that resolves the problem. Thanks

Ok. I'm just looking at this now. I updated all the references in the solution to their 4.0 equivalent, and it was working alright. I am having some trouble adding AJAX components to the solution successfully (errors on client-side), but that's another issue.

So, should I go back through and target 2.0 or 3.5?
    Mike Steyer

shark92651 is offline Member

Instead of changing all the references in the code, why not just change each project to target .Net 2.0? Right-click on each project -> Properties -> Target Framework = ".NET Framework 2.0"

dincer80 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Alfred View Post
    First thing you need to do is uninstall the .NET FRAMEWORK 4.x, as it's not supported with you current version. ML 8.0.1.2 needs .net 2.x.
    So, you are saying that if a developer wants to use ML8 on his local PC, he can't use any other applications which require .NET 4.0; please correct me if I'm wrong..

I am getting the following errors as well:

The name 'XsltObjects' does not exist in the current context

The type or namespace name 'XsltObjects' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I get these errors trying to build AspDotNetStorefrontCore. Oddly enough, I am able to successfully compile the XsltObjects assembly and I see that the reference to XsltObjects is in the AspDotNetStorefrontCore project so this one has me stumped.

I changed the target framework on all projects to .NET Framework 2.0 and I have other projects that require newer versions of the core, so uninstalling any framework after 2.0 is not a viable option. I feel the dev staff should address this issue in a better way.

Thanks,
    David

Sequencing is offline Junior Member

I'm having the same issue with XsltObjects. Don't suppose you ever found a solution, did you?

Ryan

I just found this post... tried the solution and it worked great - successfully building again!

http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...2947#post82947

That worked for me too. I didn't actually compare the differences in the files to see what was different, but it appears that it was something in the project conversion. Is it even necessary to switch the target framework to 2.0? I had to remove a few references and using clauses that were invalid after I changed the target to 2.0.

I kept the .NET version at 3.5 and had no issues.