Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Can not type topic name when adding new topic

Ybq2011 is offline Junior Member

Default Can not type topic name when adding new topic

I am trying to add new topic. I cannot type topic name, I have searched inside Forums. Someone mentioned change method "btnAdd_click()" in "topics.aspx.cs", I cannot find this file. I use ML9. Thanks in Advance!!!

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Do you mean you can type it but it does not save?

No, I cannot type topic name, the topic name textbox is gray, I can not type anything.

mjg is offline Member

I've seen this from time to time and it SEEMS to happen when you go to Add a new topic after you've been editing an existing one.

You might just try clicking on the Content | Manage Topics link in the menu to reload the page clean and then add the new topic. You may find it will work.

And no, I haven't been motivated enough to submit this a bug fix. Bad Mike...

MJG
    EMM - Enhanced Email Manager

Thanks MIG, I figured out. It is simple. Just "Reset Cache". Then I can type topic name.

benjamin is offline Member

We also experience this same problem also. And the other bugs we found on the topics edit page in backend admin is this: it won't save data for Search Engine Title, Search Search Engine description, Search Engine keywords when you edit an existing topic. And if there were existing data there from before, it'll wipe that clear and null it out.

benjamin is offline Member

Default Fixed

BTW, the fix for the Topic Name field being greyed out is a quick fix.

Locate topic.aspx.cs under the Admin folder and comment out line 319:
    //ltName.Enable = false;

That'll solve it. There's no reason to disable the topic Name when editing since the update lookup is being done by topicID