Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Keeping sub-menu items visible all the time in Version 9

emilym is offline Junior Member

Default Keeping sub-menu items visible all the time in Version 9

In the left hand sidebar, the sub-menus are hidden until a user navigates to the sub-menu's parent link.

How can I edit this so that all of the sub-menus are visible on every page, all the time?

In my template.master file, the code where my left nav appears is:

<aspdnsf:EntityControl ID="ctrlEntitySection" runat="server" Header="<%$ Tokens:StringResource, AppConfig.SectionPromptPlural %>"
    EntityType="Section" MaxMenuSize="<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, MaxMenuSize %>" />

Which file should I edit to change the appearance of that left-hand navigation?

peter3827 is offline Senior Member

Does anyone have an answer for this?

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi

If you have the source code, you could modify EntityControl.cs (in the ASPDNSFControls DLL package) to do this.

What we normally do though is replace the existing menus with our own XmlPackages. This way, you get complete control over the HTML, styling and rendering of the menus.

In your example, it would be relatively straightforward to move through the entityhelper object within the XmlPackage and display all parent/child menus at all times.

Adam