Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Best Seller Issue

neosamz is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Best Seller Issue

My customer purchase an item from one of the product variants and the best seller page will show all the variants for that purchased product.

Eg. Customer purchase one qty for Interprise Solutions Interprise Suite 5 (License)-Base System (Required). The best seller should show this item only. However, the best seller showing all the variants including additional users, additional ecommerce website and so on.

You can see the result from here https://www.softheware.com/bestsellers.aspx

If I have 10 variants for a purchase item then best seller will show all 10 instead of 1.

What is wrong? Please help as this best seller page is very messy. Thanks.
    Best Regards,
    Samuel Lee
    Softheware.com

esedirect is offline Senior Member

Sounds like someone has been 'customising' the stored procedure which produces the results.
    http://www.esedirect.co.uk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using MS 9.2.0.0 with the following customisations:

Lightbox/Fancybox enlarged images;
    Auto-suggest searchbox;
    Extra product information shown only to our IP Address (such as supplier info, costs, etc.);
    Failed transactions emailed via trigger;
    Custom app to show basket contents when customer online;
    Orders pushed through to accounting systems.

All the above without source!

Could you please name the store procedure that I should look into?
    Best Regards,
    Samuel Lee
    Softheware.com

esedirect is offline Senior Member

For 8.0.1.2 it's aspdnsf_BestSellers
    http://www.esedirect.co.uk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using MS 9.2.0.0 with the following customisations:

Lightbox/Fancybox enlarged images;
    Auto-suggest searchbox;
    Extra product information shown only to our IP Address (such as supplier info, costs, etc.);
    Failed transactions emailed via trigger;
    Custom app to show basket contents when customer online;
    Orders pushed through to accounting systems.

All the above without source!

Lightbulb

My store version is 6.0.5. I have tested in my local pc with 3 items purchased so I should see 3 items in the best seller.

The best seller page is using a VIEW named v_Sales. I have executed the VIEW and get the correct 3 items. However in the bestsellers.aspx.vb with the following extracted statement I got 12 items showing all the variants for the 3 items:

Code:
    select top 20 v_Sales.*, Product.ProductID, Product.SKU, ProductVariant.SKUSuffix, Product.Name, Product.SEName, ProductVariant.Name as VariantName 
    from v_Sales , Product , ProductVariant  
    where v_Sales.ProductID=Product.ProductID and Product.ProductID=ProductVariant.ProductID 
    and Product.Deleted=0 and Product.Published=1  and ProductVariant.Published=1 and ProductVariant.Deleted=0 
    order by NumDollars desc, NumSales desc
    The problem now is I do not want to compile the code because it is in production. So if I cannot amend from the v_Sales then my final option would be implementing "Xml.BestSellersPage.xml.config".

I have copied Xml.BestSellersPage.xml.config file from version 7.1 into XmlPackages folder. I have this license too but no time to do the migration. I have registered Xml.BestSellersPage into the AppConfig as well. I went to best seller page and got the following error:

Unable to load XmlPackage: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\softheware\EntityHelper\Xml.Bes tSellersPage.xslt

I could not find this file from version 7.1. Could you help me on this? Send me this file and show me how to continue from here.

Appreciate if you could help. Thank you.
    Best Regards,
    Samuel Lee
    Softheware.com

Thumbs up

For your information, I have executed the aspdnsf_BestSellers stored procedure from version 7.1 into my 6.0.5 database and I got the correct top 10 result. The stored procedure has no issue.

I hope after this "Xml.BestSellersPage.xslt" file then it should work correctly. I need help on this file. Thanks.
    Best Regards,
    Samuel Lee
    Softheware.com

Red face

Anyone could recommend a company or coder to solve this issue? I do not mind to pay if at reasonable fee. Thanks.
    Best Regards,
    Samuel Lee
    Softheware.com