Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Paypal not working for my ecommerce

neosamz is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Paypal not working for my ecommerce

Hi All,

My ML license was dated 2/17/2006 for my old ecommerce which no longer active for years. Recently I started back the ecommerce with another domain, www.softheware.com with the same working source code. I use the same skin design but just change the logo and some new information.

The site has just gone live but I noticed the paypal is not working. I am using the old appconfig for paypal setting as below:

PaymentMethods: PayPal,Request Quote,Purchase Order,Check By Mail,C.O.D.
    PayPal_Business: samuel@Softheware.com
    PayPal_Live_Server: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

I do not think I have paypal issue either. My new paypal account is verified as premier account type. Paypal support told me that my account setting is correct and should able to accept online payment. So I posting my issue here in this forum to get help.

The error message I got after checkout paypal is as below:

https://www.softheware.com/checkoutp...tmethod=PAYPAL
    Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.
    Please help. Thank you.

Regards,
    Samuel Lee
    Softheware.com

My home shows the following:

Payment Gateway: MANUAL
    Gateway Mode: LIVE
    Transaction Mode: AUTH CAPTURE
    Payment Methods: PayPal,Request Quote,Purchase Order,Check By Mail,C.O.D.
    MicroPay Enabled: False
    Cardinal Enabled: False

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

I'm not sure what this specific problem is, but...
    I can tell you that you have a very old version & have missed numerous bug fixes & security updates. I'd recommend you update a a new version.

Also - I'm fairly sure that your licence would have been for that one original domain - so you'll need another licence for this new domain.

TTFN

BFG

Last time I purchased under my name and was for internal development testing. I did not remember whether I register any domain. Couple of years ago I did purchase aspdotnetstorefront dnn upgrade license for internal testing as well. I did not register any domain either.

As for the paypal, I am using the old working source code and the paypal should work. Is there any area we have to check?
    Best Regards,
    Samuel Lee
    Softheware.com

cksite is offline Senior Member

We have a version six 6 store that was working fine with Paypal for years and now we have the same identical experience as this. We are Paypal only and have no desire to upgrade as we have nothing to gain given that we only sell a single subscription. We'd like to know why this has happened and what can be done to fix it. I noticed that the paypal addresses haven't changed so we can;t look to paypl for the reason for this sudden loss of funcionality. Any ideas?

Samuel Lee, Softheware.com did you ever get an answer?

Ydeveloper is offline Junior Member

I am not sure what's exactly the issue is. However, I believe that you may need to verify your license OR you should have verified merchant as well as paypal user code like that.