Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: WSE 3 or WCF

JoelWZ is offline Junior Member

Default WSE 3 or WCF

I am trying to get going on ASPDNSF, and am looking into WSI. I have tried to run the samples and can't get any of them to work. One of the things I am encountering is a need to download WSE 3. However, when I go to the MS site, I see where MS is no longer supporting WSE 3 and has moved to WCF, instead. I do not find anything in any of the forums or information on WCF. So, what do I do?

findingking is offline Junior Member

Default WSE 3 not an option from web host

We have decided to host one of our websites on a cloud and they do not use WSE 3. They do support WCF, however and I was wondering if there anyone has been able to get WSI to work using WCF instead of WSE 3. (I hate all of these stupid acronyms.) Is it simply a matter of updating the webconfig file to load the WCF assembly? Or will WSI even work using WCF? Any help would be appreciated.

JoelWZ is offline Junior Member

I got no help and gave up.