Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Integration question

JoelWZ is offline Junior Member

Default Integration question

Our company has just acquired ASPDNSF and I am the IT guy (.net web developer) charged with getting it set up and integerated to our existing site. The existing app is a photo app. The customer will access their photo on the existing page. After viewing the photo, we will have a purchase option. What we will need to do is to pass the photo id on to ASPDNSF, where the purchase will take place and then we need to pass an order Id (along with the photoId) back to the existing sytem.

I am currently wading through the documentation on how to accomplish this, but there is so much information, just thought I would see if anyone could point me to the best location/document to get me started.

Thanks in advance,

JoelWZ

ddonnelly is offline Junior Member

Default Did you solve this problem?

The reason I ask is because I want to do almost the exact thing you described. Looks like noone replied to your post, so I was wondering if you got any help or figured it out on your own. Is there anything you can tell me to help me get over the learning hump that you were facing back when you posted this question?

JoelWZ is offline Junior Member

I got absolutely no help from the forum. Not sure anyone really monitors them that much. I finally figured out a method that is working, but not sure it is the best.

I am passing the id over in a querystring to the storefront and then modified the code in the default.aspx page to create a session row in a custome table in the database that contains the SessionId of the session in the sf. Then, as the order is placed, I create a row in an order db that I have, that contains that photo id, the order #, etc., that I read back in our system. I also delete the session row, to keep it clean.
    Last edited by JoelWZ; 05-05-2011 at 01:33 PM.