Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: URGENT IE is adding the WRONG Products to the Cart! HELP!

dragon is offline Member

Default URGENT IE is adding the WRONG Products to the Cart! HELP!

Hi...I have a had guys working on this. No one seems to be able to figure out what is going on. This is only happening on IE. All other browsers that I have tested are working just fine. If you go to the site with an IE browser: http://www.HalloweenAndCostumes.com We are using the 8.0.1.2

1.Click to add a product to the cart.
    2. Did the correct product get added to your cart?
    *If no. This is the problem that I'm having.
    *if yes, the delete the product and add a new product to the cart. It will now show you the wrong product. If you try to delete the wrong product you will see the product that you actually put in your cart show up.

This is ONLY in IE all of the other browsers work perfect. Has had anyone encountered this problem before?

Would upgrading to the new 8.0.1.4 fix this? Please help, we are not getting any orders.
    Last edited by dragon; 03-29-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    Need Halloween Costumes?
    Don't let your party be a bust because you didn't shop with us!
    HalloweenAndCostumes.com

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

I just tried your steps using IE 8 and had no issues.

I am running a site on v 8.0.1.2 myself and have tested it with IE6 and up and do not see this issue. Do you have any code mods?

Ex-Jesse is offline Member

Working fine here in IE 8, IE 9, Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome. My guess is that you have a caching issue.

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Works fine here as well.

dragon is offline Member

It's not just on one computer. It is doing it on 6 or 7 not all in the same place. Sometimes it takes repeating the process of adding and deleting the products a few times. Different products. I just added a product then deleted it. I did this 5 times with different products and it starts acting up again. It only happens on IE. All of the other browsers are fine. I don't know.
    Need Halloween Costumes?
    HalloweenAndCostumes.com

John Morrison is offline Junior Member

I just tried in ie9 and was able to replicate the issue. I believe server level caching is configured incorrectly.

When i was able to reproduce your results, i appended &random=1234 to the url and the correct products showed.

For me it was easy to replicate as any time i tried to add something else to the cart, all i could see was the item I originally added. When I randomized the query string I saw all of my cart additions correctly.

dragon is offline Member

Got it fixed. Thank you for the input Morrison Consulting. I have taken a look at your site. I really like the feed service that you offer! Very nice!
    Need Halloween Costumes?
    HalloweenAndCostumes.com

rohitgandhi is offline Junior Member

Default having same problem

plz help me i am having same problem in Firefox and chrome. its working fine in IE. you can see here go to http://fundrop.com/online-game-rental-service click on 19.99$ buy now button you will it redirected to 99.99 product instead of 19.99. could you plz help me i am using one page checkout1.aspx