Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Content div

Zippo is offline Junior Member

Default Content div

I'm redesigning a company's website that uses aspdotnetstorefront but i never worked with this before.
    I'm doing well so far but there's one thing that i just can't figure how to do it, which is, i want to edit and customize the content area of the dynamically generated pages of the site, like changing colors, modifying/adding text, change backgrounds, delete a couple of buttons, like the add to registry button on one of the pages, etc.

How or where can i do this? The only thing on the template is a div with a placeholder for the content and there's nothing on the css files either.

I never worked with asp.net either.

Can anynone help please?

Ex-Jesse is offline Member

Hi There! Welcome to ASPDNSF. What you'll want to do is open another browser, log into the admin site and click on Content->Manage Topics. When you're looking at the page you want to make "different", pay attention to the URL in the original browser address bar. It will read "t-something.aspx". This is the topic you're looking to edit. Back in the content manager, find that "something" topic in the list on the left (forget about the "t-") and click on it. The WYSIWYG editor in the admin there will let you change all of the HTML that makes up the content pane for that page.

If you class and ID your tags, you can then keep them standard and simply edit them in the CSS.... but if you're more comfortable brute forcing HTML you can do that too =)

Again, Welcome - and you might want to check out the Online Manual for Skinning.