Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Setting up Storefront to work with Exchange

sha87 is offline Member

Default Setting up Storefront to work with Exchange

Hello!

I'm trying to set up my storefront to use an exchange server to send out receipts / other e-mails for the website. The problem is that while the Admin order notifications work (since they are the same @ address as the server), every other e-mail gives me a "The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay" error.

I do not want to make my server an open relay. Is there another way to handle this? My server is set up to allow any authenticated user permission to relay. I've tried to send user login information through the storefront, but I still get the same relay error.

Is there a way to get my exchange server to handle the e-mails for my storefront WITHOUT making it an open relay? I really would like my e-mails to be coming from my @domain.

Thanks in advance!

sha87 is offline Member

For anyone else having this issue.. Adding the IP to the list of IP's allowed to relay on the Exchange server fixed the issue. I had tried it before, but didn't go down deep enough in the chain - I ended up having to put a range of a few IP's that my webhost uses to send their mail through - the IP of my website did not work.