Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Error Message Setting Up Email in ML

s_barber is offline Member

Default Error Message Setting Up Email in ML

On our XP development machine I'm getting this error message in email configuration when I attempt to save or test the settings in email setup. The error message is this:

Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

We've got 7.0.1 running with email just fine for the last 2 years so setting up the new ML for another site should be easier than this.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Steve
    K & M Mfg.
    www.tractorseats.com
    Last edited by s_barber; 03-23-2011 at 09:21 AM.

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Have you AddIns and Images folders got full ASP.NET or Network Service permissions? I would check that first.

s_barber is offline Member

Default Network service

I checked as you suggested. That sounded reasonable to be the source of the problem. However, both folders had NETWORK SERVICE with the proper rights. Back to the drawing board. Thank you for your input.

Vapor is offline Junior Member

I'm getting the same error message as the original post. Customers were not getting receipts so I have been playing with my email settings.

I submitted a help desk ticket and they said "The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay" and told me I needed to talk with our email provider and that they needed to check their settings.

So far we have not made progress and I ended up here.