Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Limit Product by SkinID

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

Default Limit Product by SkinID

Is there a way to do this?

for example if we want to switch the skin for facebook users and offer "facebook only" product packages?

webopius is offline Senior Member

Yes, I think you could do this although I've not tried it. App_Code/Skinbase.cs is where all the skin and template magic happens and this is the base class for showproduct.aspx which actually does the product page rendering.

If I was doing this, I'd approach it in one of two ways:

1. Use templates rather than skin switching

- Write a facebook template master file
    - In showproduct.aspx, detect a facebook product page and call templateoverride() to cause the product page to use the facebook template instead of the standard template.

OR

2. Use skin switching

- Create a new skin
    - In showproduct.aspx, detect as above and change the SkinID (a public int within Skinbase.cs) to my new skin for selected pages.

Adam