Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google's Goal Funnel

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

Question Google's Goal Funnel

Hey there,

We are using the goal funnel on our stepped checkout to track customers. We are also using PayPal on the payment options page.

On the checkoutpayment.aspx page we have people who exit to checkoutpayment.aspx and then never re-join the funnel. Could this be people checking out using PayPal and then not pressing return to merchant.

I believe it is but I was wondering if anyone else has this?

Many thanks.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

As an expansion of this; Has anyone got the Google Goal Funnel working correctly for the stepped checkout?

We have problems with people exiting the page for the current page.

Also we have to skip the createaccount.aspx due to return customers don't touch this page. Yet we see the correct-ish number of goal's (transactions). Sometimes we see a customer leave the funnel to go to createaccount page and then never return, however we know they did carry on.

So has anyone successfully used Goal's to find bottlenecks/problems in the stepped checkout? Or better yet anyone fully understand how it flows?

Many thanks, I hope you can help.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience