Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Filtering by Category and Department?

Tek7 is offline Senior Member

Default Filtering by Category and Department?

What XML Package and what link structure would I use if I wanted to filter by say Yankees (Category) T-shirts (Department) ?
    May

Anyone?
    May

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

I'm not entirely sure what you are after. Can you please provide an XML package that shows what you want and identify what additional way you want it filtered so that we can both be looking from the same direction?
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

I don't even have an xml package in mind yet. I just want to be able to view a listing of products filtered by both a category and a section/department.

I would think that one of the xmlpackage pages is capable of this, I'm just not sure which one and what the link to it would look like. Would it be like /c-106-.aspx?s-45
    May

If anything the link might be like /c-106-category.aspx?department=45 or /s-45-department.aspx?category=106. However, we're not there yet. You'll have to modify the XML package or create one from scratch that will do what you are looking for. There are no default packages that do as your asking. That is why I asked which package you wanted to start from. Once you have that you could then modify the SQL code and get the package to filter data as you want. I'm not really in a position to detail all the steps out for you or even to test this myself, but I'm able to work with you in figuring this out.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

I don't think it would be too bad as far as the sql is concerned I'm just wondering about how the URL is going to look for SEO purposes.
    May

The URL can look however you want it to; your code must be programmed to interpret whatever you put in the URL.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM