Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: x-ajax.productcsvhelper.aspx file missing

Markus is offline Junior Member

Default x-ajax.productcsvhelper.aspx file missing

Hello!

While trying to use the Related Products Helper search in the admin edit products page, nothing happens. So i investigated and came across something strange. In the ProductCSVHelper.ascx admin control, in line 23
    Code:
    var searchurl = 'x-ajax.productcsvhelper.aspx?searchterm='+jQuery('#<%= UniqueJSID %>SearchBox').val()+'&csvlist=,' + jQuery(<%= UniqueJSID %>targetTextBox).val() + ',';
    the file x-ajax.productcsvhelper.aspx is missing and nowhere to be found in the store. I checked if we forgot to copy it and that was not the case.

Could someone help me with this problem please so our managers can use this funcionality.

Regards,
    Markus

pligon is offline Junior Member

Hello, this is actually an execution call (x) to execute an XMLPackage called ajax.ProductCSVHelper.xml.config that you will find in the Admin/XmlPackages folder. Hope this is helpful.

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Hello!

While trying to use the Related Products Helper search in the admin edit products page, nothing happens. So i investigated and came across something strange. In the ProductCSVHelper.ascx admin control, in line 23
    Code:
    var searchurl = 'x-ajax.productcsvhelper.aspx?searchterm='+jQuery('#<%= UniqueJSID %>SearchBox').val()+'&csvlist=,' + jQuery(<%= UniqueJSID %>targetTextBox).val() + ',';
    the file x-ajax.productcsvhelper.aspx is missing and nowhere to be found in the store. I checked if we forgot to copy it and that was not the case.

Could someone help me with this problem please so our managers can use this funcionality.

Regards,
    Markus

We have the same issue, we ended up hiding the controls until we can figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Markus is offline Junior Member

we sorted it out, details to our solution below

@pligon: you were right, that lead us to the solution

@sduffy77: in our case the Related Products Helper was not working because we forgot to change the name_of_admin_section in the web.config in the web folder of the store:
    Code:
    <add name="adminXMLPackage" url="name_of_admin_section/x-{XmlPackage}.aspx" virtualPath="~/ExecXMLPackage.ashx" checkPhysicalUrlAccess="false"/>
    fyi: this is not mentioned in any documentation

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

Yep that was the fix! Just change the admin folder name in the url and it works perfectly.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience